VISTA & VISTA Supervisor Calendar
*To sort between the VISTA and VISTA Supervisor calendars use the arrow drop down menu on the top right of the calendar.
MDCCC AmeriCorps VISTA 2013-2014 Timeline [pdf]
[top of page
[top of page
Food Stamps (EBT/SNAP)
- CNCS Online Ordering System - The CNCS Online Ordering System for National and Community Service materials. All materials are provided at no cost to the general public by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- EdAward.org - Use this site to learn more about the education award, form a strategy on how to use it, and discover other post-service opportunities related to school and student loans.
- National Value of Volunteer Time - The site that provides the estimated value of volunteer time.
- Seven Corners Provider Search - Use this search to find a health care provider near you. Before going to see them, call their office and ensure they still accept Seven Corners. They may not be familiar with Seven Corners specifically and you may need to describe some of the sub-providers listed in the top right corner on the front of your insurance card.
- VISTA Campus - An online learning environment for the VISTA community.
- VISTA Member Handbook - This handbook provides information on administrative policies, benefits, health care support, and other terms and conditions of service.
- Maryland - Follow the link, click the "Start Eligibility Screening Now!" link at the bottom of the page, and complete the online application.
- Washington, DC
- Follow the link, click on the "D.C. SNAP/Food Stamp application" link under section 2.
- Download the "Combined Application for Benefits" in the language that best works for you. The form can either be printed and filled out by hand, or filled out on the computer and then printed.
- Locate the service center nearest you, and either deliver the form via mail or by hand.
- Regardless of Maryland or DC, you will be assigned a case worker from the DHS office in your county, or nearest you, and need to have an interview with them either by phone or in person (depending on how it is done in your county). There are a handful of documents you should prepare ahead of time to either bring with you to the interview, or fax/mail once you are given a number/address.
- Go to your my.americorps portal, under the "My Service Letter" section, select your current term of service, and generate the "VISTA Currently Serving Certification" letter and the "VISTA Public Benefits Disregard" letter. These letters verify that you are currently serving as an AmeriCorps VISTA, and that while you are receiving a small living stipend, this is not considered income.
- Also in your my.americorps portal, under the "My Living Allowance" section, go to "View previous Earning Statement," and print your most recent living allowance statement as proof of the low wages you are receiving.
- Finally, you will need to provide proof of any housing bills you are responsible for (rent, power, water, gas, oil, trash, etc.). If you are renting, a copy of your lease and recent bills will probably suffice. This is of course different in each county, discuss with your caseworker what specifically they will need.
[top of page
March 25, 2014 | Life After VISTA
Visit the Life After VISTA Workshop page for all information and resources related to the workshop.
February 21st, 2014 | Morgan State University
- HBCUs: History, Current Relevance Today, & Global Service
- Finishing Your VISTA Year Strong
- Working with Various Personality Types
- Saturday, April 5th, 2014 the Service-Learning and Civic Engagement (SLCE) Conference will be held at the University of Baltimore!
- Life After VISTA Workshop in Baltimore - CNCS, Greater Homewood, The Baltimore City Mayor's Office, and MDCCC are sponsoring a Life After VISTA event taking place in Baltimore March 25th. Please see the event flyer [pdf] for more information.
December 6th, 2013 | Johns Hopkins University
- Lunchtime Speaker
- StrengthsQuest in Your Future
- Practicing Self Care and Stress Reduction
September 19, 2014 | University of Maryland, College Park
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
- Sharing Your Impact Stories
- Managing Up
- Resource Development
June 26th & 27th, 2014 | Hood College
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Exploring Your Core Values
- Tell Your Story through Service-Learning & Civic Engagement (SLCE)
[top of page