Wednesday, October 30th
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
George Washington University
Marvin Center – 3rd Floor
800 21st St NW Washington, D.C. 20052
“How do we use civic engagement and service-learning
to collectively impact student success in the Maryland-DC region?”
At the 2013 Maryland-DC Campus Compact (MDCCC) Presidents’ Institute, Presidents and teams from MDCCC’s 30 member institutions will join with regional PreK-12, higher education, philanthropic, civic and community leaders to envision how we can use civic engagement and service-learning to collectively impact student success, and improve education and community outcomes across the Maryland-DC region.
The 2013 Presidents’ Institute will develop broad partnerships, recommend collective impact outcomes, and decide on next steps for:
Communities Organizing Networks Now to Engage Citizens Through Service
Highlights of the MDCCC 2013 Presidents’ Institute
- Leadership: Presidents’ presentations on role of leadership in creating a campus culture of civic and community engagement
- Impact video: New MDCCC video about the impact of our MDCCC AmeriCorps VISTA projects
- Discussion: Dynamic and diverse breakout sessions and round-tables to advance collaborations
- Renewal: Enriching discussions about our collective impact
- Recognition: MDCCC’s Region-wide Service-Learning and Civic Engagement Awards
- Networking: MDCCC AmeriCorps VISTA & Community Showcase – an interactive exhibit area for networking, sharing projects, resources, and ideas
Frostburg State University
Prince George's Community College
Interested in becoming a campus sponsor of the 2013 MDCCC Presidents' Institute?
Visit our MDCCC Presidents' Institute Sponsorship page to learn more about the benefits of sponsorship.
2012 Presidents’ Meeting & Launch of Maryland-DC Campus Compact, at Montgomery College, MD
For more information, or to attend the 2013 Presidents’ Institute
please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301.696.3280.